Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Things I love Thursday...My brother Logan.













I woke up this morning to find my phone dead. Hmmm....guess I forgot to plug it in. Oh well, nothing new. So I plug my lifeline in and let it charge. About 30mins later I turn it on and immediatly 2 new text messages.


First, from my cousin. "You awake?" By this time it's 8:30am, so I'm like...yeah.


Second, from my little brother Logan. "I just volunteered to go to a different unit who's going to Afganistan in December, so I'll be going back." WTF?!?! No need for coffee to wake me up today!


I seriously just felt like someone had punched me in the gut. My baby brother, whom had already had 1 tour in Afgany land and returned home SHOT by enemy fire is...... GOING BACK!??!?!


So I know this is what HE wants and where HE feels he needs to be. I'm so utterly proud of this guy and his beautiful wife. His sacrifices for our country astound me. I don't have the words to express how freaking proud I am of him.


My little brother is AWESOME. Pure awesomeness! All that AND a bag of chips. I love love love him to pieces. So my Thing I Love Thursday....My awesome little brother. <3



No comments: